Sochi
FAQ

1 1
A day after the San Francisco 49ers elected Richard Sherman
A day after the San Francisco 49ers elected Richard Sherman 
SANTA CLARA Kentavius Street Color Rush Jersey , Calif. (AP) , the veteran cornerback believes a lockout is coming when the NFL collective bargaining agreement expires.Its going to happen, so its not like guys are guessing, Sherman said before the 49ers workout Thursday.The current CBA between players and NFL owners doesnt expire until after the 2020 season, but there have been rumblings that players might dig in their heels in order to get certain economic changes, including more guaranteed money in contracts.Owners locked out the players for four months during the 2011 offseason, but the sides eventually hammered out a 10-year deal before the regular season was jeopardized.Sherman said hes expecting a lockout this time around because there was a lockout before. We dont plan on changing anything about the deal we currently have right now I dont think its going to be negotiated before the end of the CBA.That issue is for down the road. For now, the three-time All-Pro cornerback eagerly awaits his 49ers debut Sunday at Minnesota. After being released by Seattle in March, Sherman, 30, signed a three-year deal with San Francisco.He appears fully recovered from a ruptured right Achilles tendon that ended his 2017 season in November. But Sundays game offers Sherman his first true test to prove hes still the same shutdown defender he was before the injury. And the opener comes against a Vikings team that expects big things offensively after signing quarterback Kirk Cousins in the offseason.So far, Sherman has drawn rave reviews for the leadership role hes taken with a young 49ers defense.Its inspiring just to play across from a guy like that thats played at a high level https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Alfred-Morris-Jersey , cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon said. Ive always looked up to him, always thought highly of him. To be able to pick his brain just inspires me to take my game to the next level.Asked if this week of preparation feels different given his new surroundings, Sherman replied:I got my Kobe cleats.Nike has a line of football cleats endorsed by former Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, a friend of Shermans who offered the cornerback advice on how to rehab from an Achilles injury, since Bryant experienced the same setback.Sherman said hell feel butterflies when he takes the field for his 49ers debut, but he said it wont be so different from his previous seven years with the Seahawks.(Theres) always that rookie inside me. I dont think it changes from your first year to your eighth year, he said. I think you always go into it knowing youre gonna have a chance to do something special and youre excited about the possibilities.NOTES: Weakside linebacker Malcolm Smith (hamstring) participated in Thursdays practice and is expected to be ready Sunday, defensive coordinator Robert Saleh said. Saleh also said that rookie Fred Warner will start at middle linebacker. SANTA CLARA, Calif. Josh Rosen got word a couple of days before the game that the Arizona Cardinals would take a deep strike on the opening play in hopes of waking up a struggling offense.It couldnt have worked any better.Rosen threw a 75-yard touchdown pass to fellow rookie Christian Kirk on Arizonas opening snap and the Cardinals then turned the game over to their opportunistic defense to earn their first win of the season, 28-18 over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.We were just trying to get a spark in any way possible and just try to get our offense going, Rosen said. We havent been scoring as many points as we wanted to. I think we took a really good first step.The Cardinals (1-4) gained just 145 yards the rest of the game but it didnt matter because the defense took the ball away from the 49ers (1-4) five times, including a 23-yard fumble return for a touchdown by Josh Bynes and two more turnovers that set up short TD runs by David Johnson on drives that went a combined 44 yards.For a team that had scored just 37 points through four games Weston Richburg Jersey , fewest for the franchise since 1945, and gained just 834 yards in the first four games, tied for the fewest in the NFL in 16 years, this game signified progress.Well take all of the ugly ones we can get, receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. It wasnt pretty but we started off with a bang. The fireworks came early and they came late. So that was good.Fitzgerald had just two catches for 35 yards but proved to be a capable decoy on the first play when free safety Adrian Colbert jumped up in coverage, allowing Kirk to get open deep.That was one of the few poor plays by San Franciscos defense, but that was enough for a loss.It was just an undisciplined play by me, Colbert said. I saw Larry flash and it was just a bad play on my part. It is something that I have to correct.Here are some other takeaways from the game:STATISTICAL MISMATCHThe Niners had the decided edge in yardage (447-220), first downs (33-10) and offensive plays (92-49), but still ended up on the losing side. San Francisco set a franchise record for plays and had the most for any team in a loss since 2013. But the five turnovers, including four by backup quarterback C.J. Beathard, were the most for the team in five years.You look at a lot of those (stats) Cassius Marsh Color Rush Jersey , its hard to find how you lost a game, coach Kyle Shanahan said. Then its very easy when you look at the turnover column. I havent been part of any game, I dont think many people have, where five turnovers to zero leads to a win. We have to improve that drastically to have a chance.TAKE IT AWAYThe Cardinals had plenty of contributors on defense on a day when they could have easily been tired. Tre Boston and Bene Benwikere had interceptions, Bynes had the fumble return for a TD after a strip sack by Haason Reddick, Chandler Jones had his own strip sack and recovery and Patrick Peterson returned a fumble 49 yards to set up Johnsons first TD run.We just knew that we had to dig deep, Jones said. It wasnt about being tired, but it was about walking off that field with a win. That was our biggest thing tonight.BREIDAS ANKLEMatt Breida got off to a fast start for the 49ers with eight carries for 56 yards and a 5-yard TD catch in the first quarter before going down with a sprained right ankle. The injury initially looked to be much more serious, but Breida was able to walk on it during the game and isnt overly concerned.I didnt know what happened at first, he said. It was just a little tweak. I have been battling through injuries the past two weeks. I was just trying to get out there and play. I will be all right.BEATHARDS DAYBeathard fell to 1-6 as a starter in his career as he once again held onto the ball too long and made too many mistakes. Beathard completed 34 of 54 passes for 349 yards but threw two interceptions and lost two fumbles.You cant win ball games turning the ball over five times, Beathard said. I feel like we played well in all the other aspects except for turnovers. Just got to take better care of the ball.

:
  1 1