Sochi
РегистрацияПоискFAQПользователиГруппыСочиОбъявления СочиКаталог СочиПогода СочиВход

Ответить на тему Страница 1 из 1
The Hatch Attack is back in the Southern Conference
Автор Сообщение
Ответить с цитатой
Сообщение The Hatch Attack is back in the Southern Conference 
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Defending champion Kei Nishikori of Japan rallied to beat Russian Alex Bogomolov Jr. 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 to advance to the semifinals of the U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships on Friday. The top-seeded Nishikori will next play 35-year-old American Michael Russell, who upset third-seeded Lleyton Hewitt of Australia 6-3, 7-6 (6) in another quarterfinal match. Bogomolov broke Nishikori for a 3-2 lead in the second set only to drop his next two service games and lose the set. In the third, Nishikori fought off three break points to hold serve and broke Bogomolov in consecutive games to take a 5-2 lead. "Obviously, he was playing really well, I thought," Nishikori said. "He was hitting ball really flat and deep and wasnt making mistakes, especially from the beginning he was very aggressive. I wasnt maybe playing 100 per cent." Fourth-seeded Lu Yen-Hsun of Taiwan beat American qualifier Alex Kuznetsov 6-1, 6-4 in another match and will next face either Jack Sock or Ivo Karlovic, who play later Friday. Russell needed nearly two hours to finish off the former world No. 1 Hewitt. He was broken after double-faulting twice while serving for the match at 5-4 in the second set and also failed to convert a couple of match points in the tiebreaker before finally closing it out. "Every time we play its a battle," Russell said. "Its kind of the mentality knowing, Yeah, youre serving it out. But this guy has a really good return. And vice versa the same thing when hes serving." Russell is the second-oldest player ranked in the top 100 behind Tommy Haas, who will turn 36 in April. He didnt manage a point on his serve while trying to close out the match at 5-4. He then went up 6-4 in the tiebreaker but hit a forehand into the net on his first match point. Hewitt fought off a second match point with a brilliant forehand down the line to level the breaker at 6-all. But the Australian hit a forehand wide and then a return long to allow Russell to advance to just his third ATP Tour semifinal. "My rhythm on my serve wasnt there," Hewitt said. "I was feeling my shoulder a little bit and just couldnt hit my spots. So that was putting me under a lot of pressure then, and he makes a lot of balls and makes you play a lot." Craig Smith Jersey . The Canadian skicross racer appeared to have the bronze medal locked up in the mens final at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, only to wipe out while trying to make a pass in the biggest moment of his career. Mike Fisher Jersey .com) - The Hatch Attack is back in the Southern Conference. http://www.hockeypredatorsshop.com/customized/ . -- The Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets will forever be tied together for making the same spectacular misjudgment on budding NBA sensation Jeremy Lin. Mike Ribeiro Predators Jersey . Not only that, when Julian de Guzman first stepped on the pitch for Deportivo de la Coruna he became the very first Canadian to play in Spains top tier. Pekka Rinne Predators Jersey . - A retired Indiana school principal who was NASCAR star Jeff Gordons drivers education teacher was killed with his wife in a Tennessee crash while returning from watching Gordon race.The Alumni Showdown between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs on New Years Eve now has some added star power. Former Red Wings captain and current Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman has added his name to the list of players taking to the ice in the exhibition game at Comerica Park in Detroit. On New Years Day, the current Red Wings host the Maple Leafs in the Winter Classic at tthe Big House on the campus of the University of Michigan.dddddddddddd Yzerman played 22 seasons in the NHL, all with the Red Wings, scoring 692 goals and adding 1,063 assists for 1,755 points. The Peterborough Petes product was drafted fouth overall by the Red Wings in the 1983 NHL Draft and led the Red Wings to three Stanley Cup titles. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2010. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Ответить на тему Страница 1 из 1