РегистрацияПоискFAQПользователиГруппыСочиОбъявления СочиКаталог СочиПогода СочиВход

Ответить на тему Страница 1 из 1
Hes working hard on his rehab and is doing everything
Автор Сообщение
Ответить с цитатой
Сообщение Hes working hard on his rehab and is doing everything 
While projected top draft pick Connor McDavid remains off the ice with a broken right hand, the NHLs race to last place is going strong a quarter of the way through the season.And its not quite playing out as everyone expected.The Buffalo Sabres went off-script as one of the hottest teams in the league, while a stunningly poor start has put the Columbus Blue Jackets in the drivers seat to get the best odds of landing the first-overall draft pick.Columbus has been beset by injuries to goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, centre Brandon Dubinsky, forward Mark Letstu and defencemen Fedor Tyutin and Ryan Murray (among others) and has fallen to 6-15-2 with an NHL-worst 14 points. But as recently as the general managers meeting in mid-November, Jarmo Kekalainen said he didnt believe the season was lost.I hope the pace (of injuries) goes down a little bit, Kekalainen said. Hopefully we can ramp it up here and get back healthy and playing the way we want to play.Last in the league in goals-against per game, the Blue Jackets are far away from that. Behind Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski, their blue-line has become a mish-mash of defencemen like Tim Erixon, David Savard, Dalton Prout, Jordan Leopold and Kevin Connauton.Mediocre defence is a common theme among the bottom five teams in the NHL standings. Along with the Blue Jackets, the Edmonton Oilers, Sabres, Carolina Hurricanes and Philadelphia Flyers have all struggled in that department.Edmonton has lost nine straight games (two of them in overtime) and look like a lock to pick in the top 10 for the seventh straight year.This is an extremely hard and tough situation for everybody in our organization, from the players to the coaches to the managers, embattled coach Dallas Eakins said after Fridays overtime loss in St. Louis. It is hard and it is painful, and somewhere you have to believe that this is going to make you extremely resilient and tough down the road.The Oilers already have three recent first-overall picks on their roster in Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Nail Yakupov and at this point will have more than a few ping-pong balls to get a fourth in McDavid.Inconsistent goaltending from Ben Scrivens and Viktor Fasth hasnt been helped by underachieving play from young defencemen Justin Schultz and Nikita Nikitin, who were counted on to play difficult, top-four minutes.After starting the season 3-12-2, the Sabres have won five of their past six games including each side of a back-to-back against the Montreal Canadiens. Fans in Buffalo would welcome McDavid or Boston University centre Jack Eichel with rebuilding in full swing, but a little winning could go a long way for the Sabres core.We need to keep building on those breaks and stay positive here, goaltender Jhonas Enroth said.In Carolina, Jordan Staal replacement Riley Nash has been a pleasant surprise, but Alex Semin has been so much of a disappointment that the winger in the second season of a US$35-million, five-year contract has been a healthy scratch. Expectations were low in Raleigh just as they are in Buffalo, so first-year GM Ron Francis and rookie coach Bill Peters can spend this season trying to build a system and a culture.The Flyers dont have such a luxury and have dug themselves a deep hole by losing eight of their past nine, seven of them in regulation.This is a better team than were playing right now and that our record is showing, Flyers general manager Ron Hextall said after Fridays home loss to the New York Rangers. We have to get going, no doubt about it. Im not happy with our record and our overall performance.Absent top-liners Claude Giroux and Jake Voracek, who are having all-star seasons, Philadelphia has lacked offence and Michael Del Zotto has incredibly been the best piece of a defence missing Kimmo Timonen.And it could get worse before it gets better with the Flyers out West to face the San Jose Sharks, Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings this week.The NHL made changes to its lottery format that go into effect this season. The team with the fewest points will have a 20 per cent chance of picking first, down from 25. The team with the second-fewest points has a 13.5 per cent chance instead of 18.8 and the one with the third-fewest 11.5 per cent instead of 14.2.Under the 2014-15 format, the highest-ranked team to miss the playoffs will have double the chance of getting the No. 1 pick, even though the odds are just 1 per cent.With files from The Associated Press---Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Kenny Lofton Indians Jersey . Speaking on TSN Radio 1050s TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on Monday, Colangelo said he had no intention of tanking the shortened 2011-12 season, but definitely wanted a high pick in the draft. "I wish that word wasnt used for headline reasons," said Colangelo, "but the story behind it was: how can we fix the system? How can we tweak the system to make it less likely that teams are rewarded for losing records? "I do believe that if youre as transparent as we were at the time - with our season seat holders, our fans, the market place and the media - everybody knew what the plan was and what we were going through. Larry Doby Indians Jersey . Manager Ryan Nelsen has confirmed Brazilian No. 1 Julio Cesar will be rested for Wednesdays first leg of the semifinal. That opens the door for Bendik, who started 33 games for Toronto last season. . Charlottetown scored four times in the third period en route to a 5-2 win over the defending champion Halifax Mooseheads on Friday. Lonnie Chisenhall Indians Jersey . -- Omar Infante walked past the visiting clubhouse at Kauffman Stadium, where he dressed so many times as a member of the Detroit Tigers, and slipped on a crisp, new Kansas City Royals jersey. Trevor Bauer Jersey . Thats what he did over the past 2 1/2 years with the Washington Wizards. Wittmans approach helped turn the Wizards from pushover to playoff winners.INDIANAPOLIS - Peyton Manning is getting closer to being his old self. Hes cracking jokes, having fun at the expense of reporters and he even got the OK from his doctors to be on the sideline Sunday to watch the Colts host the Chiefs. He shrugged off talk about a losing season or whether Indianapolis will be in the running to draft Andrew Luck. Too early for that, he says. And too early to know whether he has any shot at playing for Indy again this season. Still, Manning was full of smiles Thursday as he said his recovery from his latest neck surgery is going well. He is clearly eager to be back down among his teammates on game day instead of up in the press box. "I had two hot dogs up there in Tampa and Indianapolis," Manning cracked, referring to the past two weeks. "But the press box gave me a bad vibe." Perhaps thats because Manning had grown weary of the Colts four-game losing streak to open the season and the second-guessing that has come with it. Many have wondered how healthy Manning will be when he returns or whether hell ever resemble the four-time league MVP again. There are indications he just might. Manning has taken on a larger role with his team since the surgery Sept. 8, the third time in 19 months he went under the knife for a neck injury. He has been involved in team meetings, strolling briskly around the practice fields and even advising coaches and players, including the two guys trying to replace him as best they can. Until this week, doctors had barred him from going anywhere near the sideline during games. Manning said the decision to ease that restriction demonstrates the recovery is going well, well enough to keep him optimistic that he could even make it back, at least to practice, later this season. "I think you have to have hope until the doctors rule you out," he said. "Were having a lot of injuries so if they (the Colts) come to me and say they have to make a move, I wont fight them on that. "The good Lord is calling my plays and Im not allowed to audible at this point, so I have to listen to the doctors," he added. Bill Polian, the vice-chairman, and Chris Polian, the general manager, want to keep Manning on the active roster as long as possible so he can at least return to practice this season. Team owner Jim Irsay believes Manning could be back to practice in December. The Colts have desperately missed their leader. The offence has struggled to score touchdowns or dictate the tempo, and its left the Colts in an 0-4 hole for the first time since 1998. They need a win Sunday against Kansas City (1-3) to avoid their first 0-5 start since 1997.dddddddddddd "You know Im the only guy to be 0-4 on this team, and what a thrilling win that one over the Chargers was, right?" Manning recalled, referring to his first NFL victory. "Was that the fifth game? Yeah I thought so, so Ill be like all true Colts fans, hoping for a win Sunday." Manning said the current plan is to take X-rays every four weeks so doctors can monitor how he is healing. He confirmed that he was doing more in terms of activities this week, though he declined to get into specifics. "Hes getting better," coach Jim Caldwell said. "Hes working hard on his rehab and is doing everything the doctors are asking him to do." Still, Indys sour start has prompted talk about the Colts possibly joining the sweepstakes to draft Luck, the Stanford quarterback, next year. If that happened, Luck, who has attended and helped at Mannings annual summer quarterback camp, would become the eventual successor to the Colts career passing leader. Manning downplayed such talk, saying its too early to talk about how the Colts will ultimately fare this season. In the meantime, Kerry Collins, Mannings original replacement, is still trying to recover from a concussion he sustained when he was hit by Steelers linebacker James Farrior. "When I look back over my (NFL) career, I can probably remember having a half-dozen or more small ones," Collins said. "Ive never had a lot of big ones and this one has hung around longer than any of them." Collins did individual work at Wednesdays practice and was expected to do the same Thursday but still has not been cleared to play. Curtis Painter, who threw two TD passes against Tampa Bay on Monday night, is preparing to make his second straight start this weekend. Manning is still trying to get used to being out after making 227 consecutive starts, including post-season games — the second-longest streak by an NFL quarterback behind only Brett Favre. Hes just excited to be getting close to the action again this weekend. "Its a new experience for me," Manning said. "People ask, how are you handling it? Im learning." Notes: Colts safety Melvin Bullitt was scheduled to have surgery Friday on his right shoulder. Bullitt has already been placed on injured reserve, ending his season. ... Defensive tackle Eric Foster, who dislocated his right ankle in a gruesome scene during Monday nights loss at Tampa, was scheduled to return to Indianapolis on Thursday afternoon, two days after undergoing season-ending surgery in Tampa. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Ответить на тему Страница 1 из 1