Sochi
РегистрацияПоискFAQПользователиГруппыСочиОбъявления СочиКаталог СочиПогода СочиВход

Ответить на тему Страница 1 из 1
weeks before she was back to doing jumps and
Автор Сообщение
Ответить с цитатой
Сообщение weeks before she was back to doing jumps and 
VIENNA, Austria -- Canadas Vasek Pospisil saved two set points before beating former No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt 7-6 (6), 6-4 in the first round of the Erste Bank Open on Tuesday. Pospisil trailed the now 53rd-ranked Australian 6-4 in the tiebreaker before reeling off four straight points to take the opening set. An early break in the second proved enough for the seventh-seeded Canadian. "Its very special for me to beat a former No. 1," said the 23-year-old Pospisil, who won just two games in his only previous match against Hewitt in Newport last year. "Ive come a long way since. I started working with another coach and Ive put in a lot of hard work." The native of Vernon, B.C., next plays Robin Haase. The Dutchman, who won both of his career titles in Austria, rallied to beat Ilija Bozoljac of Serbia 5-7, 6-2, 6-2. After winning the demanding opening set in 52 minutes, Pospisil broke Hewitts serve to start the second set and held the margin out to his 14th victory of his breakthrough season. He finished the match with 12 aces. "It was a tough match and conditions were a lot different than theyve been the last few weeks in Asia," said Pospisil, whose goal for the season is a top 32 finish and seeding at the Australian Open in January. "I had to make some adjustments but I did. Im very excited with my performance today. its great to have such a win over a player like Hewitt. Its still very special to beat him, there are not many players like him. I think my hard work this season is really paying off as we get near the end." Pospisil said that after winning the opening tiebreaker, he was able to consolidate his success with the early break in the second set. "I got lucky on the deuce points, hitting a frame lob. But I had momentum, from the tiebreak and I wanted to continue that. "Hewitt had some chances but after I got the break it was relatively comfortable to serve my way though the match." Pospisil is joined in the Vienna field by Torontos Daniel Nestor, playing as the doubles third seed as he teams with Austrian Julian Knowle this week. Knowle is the regular partner of Jurgen Melzer, who had to withdraw from his home event as his season ended early with a shoulder injury. In other results, the son of 1988 Olympic champion Miloslav Mecir stunned Pablo Andujar of Spain 6-4, 6-4 in his first ever main draw match. The 25-year-old Miloslav Mecir Jr. of Slovakia, who is ranked 240th and came through three qualifying rounds, served nine aces and never faced a break point. Earlier, Daniel Brands of Germany beat Andreas Haider-Maurer 6-4, 7-6 (5) despite the Austrian serving 16 aces. The 57th-ranked Brands managed one break in the opening set against the 2010 finalist and held serve throughout to set up a second-round match against top-seeded former champion Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Dominic Thiem, playing in only his second ATP event this year, defeated Daniel Gimeno-Traver of Spain 6-4, 5-7, 6-4. The 20-year-old Austrian reached the second round for a third straight year and will play either sixth-seeded Gael Monfils or Marinko Matosevic of Australia. Also, Michael Russell of the United States failed to convert any of his 13 break points in a 6-3, 6-4 loss to qualifier Mirza Basic of Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Ruben Bemelmans of Belgium had 10 aces while beating Jan Hajek of Czech Republic 6-2, 6-0. Eric Dickerson Jersey ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Greg Robinson Rams Jersey .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. http://www.footballramsstore.us/authentic-nolan-cromwell-rams-jersey/ . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. Lance Kendricks Jersey . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. Mo Alexander Jersey . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2.OTTAWA -- With a clean short program, capped off by an exuberant jump at the end, Kaetlyn Osmond put the past four frustrating months behind her. The 18-year-old from Marystown, N.L., is halfway to clinching her spot on Canadas figure skating team for the Sochi Olympics, winning the womens singles short program at the Canadian championships Friday. Osmond was sidelined for a good chunk of the last four months, with first an ankle injury and then a torn hamstring, and admitted to wondering at times if shed make it back in time for Sochi. "I have this little jump at the end of my program and I think I put more energy into that little half jump than I did into my entire program because I was so excited," Osmond said, laughing. "And when I went to do my curtsy, I couldnt help but be relieved." Osmond landed a triple flip-triple toe loop combination, then a triple Lutz to score 70.3 points for her 60s-inspired performance to "Big Spender" and "Rich Mans Frug." Amelie Lacoste of Delson, Que., scored 61.27 to leave her second heading into Saturdays free program. Gabrielle Daleman, a 15-year-old from Newmarket, Ont., is third with 58.38. Canada has two berths in womens singles for the Sochi Olympics. The Olympic figure skating team will be announced Sunday. Osmond, who was eighth in her world championship debut last year, suffered a stress reaction in August, and then tore her hamstring during the short program at Skate Canada in Octtober, forcing her to withdraw before the free skate.dddddddddddd Her treatment included a cortisone shot and platelet-rich plasma treatment -- the injection of platelet-rich blood into an injury (three-time world champion Patrick Chan had PRP for a calf injury prior to the Vancouver Olympics). She was off the ice for more than two weeks, and it was several weeks before she was back to doing jumps and spins. "When I got back on the ice I could barely do my crosscuts still, so I had to work so many edges and so many stroking exercises before I could even think about jumping," Osmond said. "It was really hard during those times to even think that Nationals was coming up, time was going so fast, and I was still not even on the ice." Osmond has only one full competition under her belt this season -- Skate Canada Challenge, a qualifying for nationals last month in Regina that she won. "The only thing thats missing is the competition experience and the momentum, and this is going to help her so much," said her Edmonton-based coach Ravi Walia. Osmond has come to look at the last few frustrating months as a blessing in disguise. "I learned so much from it," she said. "It actually helped my training because it hurt to fall (after the hamstring injury), so I had to learn perfect technique. It hurt when I did the wrong technique because my leg would swing out to the side too much. So in a way its a good thing." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение AIM Address
Ответить на тему Страница 1 из 1